RallySeasons are the operational foundation of our program. RallyCap Sports was created because children with special needs did not have a chance to participate in local sports leagues as other kids did. Although there are other events and activities each year, providing a sports league for children with special needs will always be your main focus.
What is a RallySeason?
A RallySeason with RallyCap Sports consists of 4-6 weeks of activities centered on one sport. Each week, RallyPlayers learn the rules and skills of the sport through special drills and games. By the end of the season, RallyPlayers will also have the chance to participate in scrimmage/game play to put their new skills into action. Sport seasons are all about healthy lifestyle, social integration, building confidence, and most importantly—FUN!
Elements of a RallySeason:
- RallyPlayers register for the 4-6 week season at $25 per player. This fee covers facility and equipment costs, a trophy, and a t-shirt or other athletic apparel
- Each RallyPlayer is matched up with a Buddy (student volunteer) for all 4-6 weeks of the season
- RallyPlayers and Buddies will participate in full group activities as well as going station to station with their special team to learn new skills
- One parent or guardian of each RallyPlayer must attend and be present for the entirety of each session (they are encouraged to sit, enjoy the time off, and cheer from the sidelines)
- Each RallyPlayer will receive a RallyCap t-shirt or athletic apparel at the beginning of the season (see Trophy and T-shirt section for details)
- Each RallyPlayer will receive a trophy at the end of the season (see Trophy and T-shirt section for details)
Sounds like a lot of planning? Don't worry - we've got your back! Check out your Getting Started Guide in MyRallyCap to learn step-by-step how to plan a successful RallySeason.